Thermometers and transmitters for the process industry
WE offers a complete assortment of compact thermometers, modular thermometers, thermowells, measurement inserts, transmitters and accessories for all types of process industries such as Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Food & Beverage, Life Sciences, Primaries & Metal, Power & Energy.
- Highest plant availability & safety through most reliable sensor technology & traceable, accredited calibrations
- Cost savings & process optimization through fast, robust & highly accurate iTHERM sensors
- Lowest operating expenditures through seamless integration, easy handling and long lifetime
- Trouble-free plant certification through international approvals
- User-friendliness and expert's support through all stages of the life cycl
RTD - Resistance temperature detectors: Measuring principle
The RTD sensor changes the electrical resistance with a change in temperature. They are suitable for the measurement of temperatures between -200 °C and approx. 600 °C and stand out due to high measurement accuracy and long-term stability. The sensor element most frequently used is a Pt100. As a standard, Endress+Hauser RTD sensors fulfill the IEC 60751 accuracy class A.
TC - Thermocouples: Measuring principle
A thermocouple is a component made of two different metals connected with each other at one end. An electrical potential (thermoelectric force) is caused due to the Seebeck effect at the open end if the connection and the free ends are exposed to different temperatures. With the help of the so-called thermocouples reference tables (see IEC 60584) the temperature at the connection (measuring junction) can be concluded.
Thermocouples are suitable for temperature measurement in the range of 0 °C to +1800 °C. They stand out due to the fast response time and high vibration resistance.
- Highly accurate in entire operating temperature ranges
- Ex approvals: ATEX , IECEx, NEPSI, CSA (IS, NI)
- iTHERM QuickSens: fastest response times for optimum process control
- iTHERM StrongSens: unsurpassed vibration resistance (> 60g) for ultimate plant safety
- Flexible product selection by modular design