Powerful instruments for process pressure, differential pressure, level and flow.
Whether pressure, level or flow, today pressure measurement technology is often used for measuring liquids, pastes and gases. With a wide range of sensor technology Endress+Hauser offer instruments with perfect fit for any kind of application.
- For every measuring task the right solution
- As one of the leading suppliers in pressure measurement, Endress+Hauser guarantees asset protection
- Worldwide support and service
- Know-how for the entire life cycle of your product
Absolute and gauge pressure measurement
Pressure transducers for continuous measurement or pressure switches in liquids
Absolute and gauge pressure continuous measurement or pressure switches provide the safe measurement of liquids and gases in various applications. Cerabar sensors and Ceraphant switches monitor reliably the level in food applications. The devices have various hygienic approvals. Also in the process industry with SIL and explosion protection certificates there is reliable measurement guaranteed
Absolute and gauge pressure measurement: Measuring Principle
Silicon cell: The operating pressure deflects the process isolating diaphragm and a fill fluid transfers the pressure to a resistance bridge (semiconductor technology). The pressure-dependent change in the bridge output voltage is measured and evaluated.
Pressure switch: The pressure switch opens or closes an electrical PNP contact when a certain set pressure has been reached. In addition, a 4 to 20mA output is available.
(Absolute and gauge pressure – pictures )
- Silicon cell: For process pressures up to 700bar (10,500psi), small flush-mount process connections, guaranteed overload resistance, minimal thermal effects
- Diaphragm seal: Variety of special materials and process connections, process temperatures from-70 up to +400°C (-94 to +752°F)
- Pressure switch: Function check and on-site information with LEDs and digital display, operation and visualization also possible via PC, stainless steel housing and lasered nameplate
Hydrostatic level measurement
Continuous level measurement in liquid applications with pressure sensors
Be it water or any other liquid, hydrostatic level sensors measure in various applications in different industries, like food, water/wastewater. The Deltapilot and Waterpilot pressure transmitters for hydrostatic level measurement offer the right solution in tanks or wells, submersible or installed outside a vessel.
The Contite sensor is especially developed for hydrostatic level measurement. With its protection for the sensor and cell electronics, the Contite sensor is a convincing solution in the event of severe moisture and condensate formation. The measuring element is hermetically sealed between the process membrane and measuring membrane. Hydrostatic level devices are also available with capacitive, oil-free ceramic measuring cells which are typically used in the process and environmental industries.
Hydrostatic level measurement: Measuring Principle
Contite cell: The measuring cell is absolutely protected between the process isolating diaphragm and the rear isolating membrane. Also it is absolutely insensitive to condensation and aggressive gases.
Ceramic cell: The ceramic sensor is a dry sensor, i.e. the process pressure acts directly on the robust ceramic process isolating diaphragm and deflects it. A pressure-dependent change in capacitance is measured at the electrodes of the ceramic substrate and the process isolating diaphragm.
- Maximum plant safety provided by one-of-a-kind, condensate-proof Contite measuring cell
- Contite cell offers very good reproducibility and long-term stability even after temperature shocks
- The ceramic cell has extremely good chemical compatibility and high mechanical stability thanks to ultra-pure 99.9% ceramic
- Robust ceramic membrane with integrated membrane breakage detection - also suitable for vacuum applications